Sunday, October 1, 2017

Day 1 & Personal Goal

Today was the first day of the new budget plan.  I'm happy to report that I spent $0!

It really wasn't that difficult to not spend any money today because it was such a busy day. The only time I was tempted was on the way to a birthday party.  I really wanted to stop at Starbucks and get a Maple Pecan Latte.  It's right on my way and so, so easy to stop and run in.  But, I resisted.

I've also set a personal goal for the month. My goal this month is to not buy any clothes.  This should be an easy goal because I've already set a this as a no buy month. Only the essentials and only if we can't live without it for a month.

I don't NEED any clothes.  In fact, I have a lot more clothes than I need or even wear.  I know this, but still when the seasons change I feel the need for new. I want clothes in fall colors, I want a new jacket, a new sweater, a new...whatever.  I just want new.  In full disclosure, I did recently buy new clothes. I bought a pair of jeans, a few shirts, and some earrings.  So, the urge to buy new clothes is almost over. Although I do want new boots.  I don't need them, but I really want them.

So, a month of no new clothes.  Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8

Total Spent:  $51 Kids:  $51 We let the kids eat hot lunch at school if they see something on the menu they would like.  My daught...