Thursday, October 5, 2017

Day 5

Total Spent: $0

I didn't spend any money today!  Yipee!

When I went to get dressed this morning I realized the pants I had planned to wear were dirty.  So I ended up standing, staring at my closet thinking I had nothing to wear to work.  I instantly thought I needed to go to the mall and buy some new work clothes.  This was even before I started to look for anything else to wear.




As you can see, I have plenty to wear.  More than plenty.



I decided on this outfit, even though I was really unsure about it because I was a "floater" substitute teacher today.  With no set grade, it's hard to decide to wear a skirt when you are teaching really little kids.  But, I went with it, and it ended up working out fine. I got a lot of compliments on my skirt too.

With my clothes I either get in a rut and wear the same 7 outfits every week until I end up hating them, or I try to mix it up every day and get decision fatigue before the day even starts. How do I fix this?  I'm not sure.  On one hand I want to pare down my wardrobe to a weeks worth of outfits where everything can be intermixed, kind of like a Project 333 but it capsule form.  And then on the other hand I want to throw out every item I own and just start over. I know I won't/can't afford to do either one, so what should I do?  Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8

Total Spent:  $51 Kids:  $51 We let the kids eat hot lunch at school if they see something on the menu they would like.  My daught...